Environmental Health and Safety Internship
The Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Advisor will be required to develop a safety management system, safe systems of work, writing of suitable & sufficient risk assessments and implementation of risk assessments to further develop the EHS management system.
The promotion of a safe working environment through auditing, monitoring and providing advice to all levels of staff on a range of environmental, health and safety issues. Ensure the EHS policy & procedures are implemented, observed by employees & others, comply with the current HSE guidance & legislation.
- Develop and implement a user-friendly EHS management system.
- Develop and implement safe systems of work.
- Carry out, write and implement risk assessments – Implement environmental, health and safety policies and procedures as well as conducting audits whilst keeping the company policies and documentation updated to comply with Health and Safety legislation.
- Work with the EHS team to continuously improve health and safety standards and practices.
- Undertake Statutory Compliance audits within agreed timescales with subsequent management of action plans.
- Regular workplace inspections to identify EHS good practices and no conformities, and assist in the implementation of corrective / improvement actions.
- Monitoring of incident trends, take action and provide practical advice to prevent re-occurrence of incidents.
- Conduct incident investigations to aid collation of evidence to determine root causes and to provide recommendations to prevent reoccurrence and provide mitigation evidence in preparation of potential insurance claims.