Our client in Basildon is a leading agricultural machinery manufacturer who are looking for an Electrical Technician.
Reporting directly to the Road Test Centre Supervisor, this exciting and challenging position will be based from the manufacturing/engineering facility in Basildon.
The position is to perform electrical technical support to a high-volume tractor production facility. This would suit someone with an auto-electrical back-ground
Regular detailed investigations and data capture on specific technical concerns and performance issues.
• The ability to upload and download software via laptop or Electrical Service Tool (EST)
• Diagnose and repair electrical harness and software issues
• Provide hands-on technical support to Road Tested Vehicles throughout the testing facility
• Provide onsite and off-site technical support to Dealers and Customers.
• Preparation of concise technical reports
• Coach repair technicians on the most effective repair methods, use of technical information and support tools to ensure customer satisfaction.
• To Support Service Technical Specialists (Product Specialists).
• Key Competencies:
• Able to understand basic vehicle electrical architecture
• Understand software interaction with vehicle
• Be self-motivated, proactive and have a solid practical understanding of technical diagnosis and problem-solving.
• Enthusiasm and willingness to take responsibility for own performance.
• Must be willing to work in a flexible, dynamic environment.
• Proven hands-on practical skills with the ability to work confidently in a workshop environment.
• Proven ability to work in a team environment, with excellent customer service skills.
• College qualification (e.g. ND, HND or Degree) in Engineering/Mechanisation or related discipline highly desirable.
• Proficiency in Microsoft office programs and ability to learn various company systems.
• Inquisitive nature
• A full clean driving licence.
If you feel you have the relevant experience please apply with an updated CV.