My client in Basildon a well known Commercial Vehicle Manufacturer are looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join their busy team for carrying out maintenance tasks and repairs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To respond to any production-related activity involving any plant or machinery.
• To comply with Company Quality Manual, Health & Safety Policy and Operating Procedures at all times.
• To carry out any planned maintenance tasks as directed and to the required standard in line with company and industry standards.
• To participate in site-wide operational projects, for example, installation of new equipment and plant, de-commissioning of machinery or other project-based activities.
• To complete any necessary administrative processes to the required standard.
• To have knowledge of departmental Key Performance Indicators.
• To participate in the training and development of colleagues to the appropriate standards of competence (in line with company training and personal development plans)
• To act in a professional manner in relation to visitors or customers.
• To carry out any duties requested in a willing and helpful manner.
• To work shift patterns as required currently Days and Lates.
Experience and skills:
• Time served engineer ideally within a production line manufacturing environment.
• Experience of a multi-skilled engineering environment.
• Experience of PLC controlled industrial equipment, Automatic Guided Vehicles, VSD’s, Conveyors, Overhead Hoist Systems and Robotic Paint Systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot and fault find within PLC control systems (Rockwell Automation) and hardwired systems.
• Competent with single/three phase and low voltage control applications and installations.
• Written and verbal communication skills and familiar with MS Office products.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
• Ability to work individually as well as within a Team across all functions on site, demonstrating a "can do" and “flexible” attitude and approach towards the business requirements.
• Support Continuous Improvement program through the delivery of improvements in equipment availability, utilizing established problem-solving tools including Root Cause Analysis
• Support LEAN implementation by identifying and assisting with the implementation of improvement, cost saving and sustainable opportunities.
If you feel you have the relevant skills please apply with an updated CV