My client in Boston is a well-established Hotel and Spa that is looking to recruit a Second Chef in their kitchen. We expect 100% from our team, and in return, you’ll be rewarded with a friendly and warm working atmosphere, and an opportunity to excel in a forward thinking company.
The Second Chef will be expected to maintain and enhance agreed food product standards whilst controlling GP and wage percentage to sales, as well as complying with all relevant food hygiene and kitchen safety legislation.
In tandem with the Head Chef to ensure your team is highly organized, planned and motivated to consistently achieving the very best service and product delivery.
-To ensure food product standard and consistency is to the highest quality at all times and to ensure all customer expectations are met with a passion to exceed.
– To control GP in accordance with Company targets and to work with the Head Chef to limit wastage, ensure stock rotation and that all menus are accurately costed and priced according to business needs
– To give support to the Head Chef in all matters relating to food preparation, as well as ensuring the motivation and training of the staff on an ongoing basis
– To encourage new ideas and self-motivation within the kitchen brigade and to play an active role in ensuring team morale is good at all times
– To take an active role in promoting new ideas and improving department standards
– To take full responsibility for the Kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence, including stock control, staffing and product and service delivery
– To ensure that all company Health, safety and Hygiene procedures are strictly adhered to, including all temperature checks and data monitoring. To ensure the kitchen is spotlessly clean at all times and to strive for a 5 star food hygiene rating at all times.
– To control energy costs and ensure maximum efficiency in relation to energy usage
– To ensure all equipment is cleaned and put away after use and that any maintenance requirements are quickly reported and rectified
– To ensure high standards of personal hygiene and wear uniform as directed by the Head Chef and in accordance with the rest of the team
– To carry out all duties as directed by the Head Chef
– To work in other areas of the business as may be reasonably requested from time to time
If you are looking for a career in hospitality that is challenging and rewarding, and offers formal training and qualifications, then look no further. If you think you have got what it takes, then we would love to hear from you!