My client in Croydon a well-known HGV Manufacturer is looking for a Depot Manager to manage their Croydon branch.
You will be an organised, ambitious, time served, experienced Depot Manager with a good diagnostic skill set. Strong literacy and IT skills are a must as well as the enthusiasm for a career working in a stimulating, high pressured and fast-paced professional environment.
The successful Manager will work hands-on and be responsible for the service, parts and technical departments overseeing the repair and maintenance of all Trucks and Heavy Vehicles.
You will be responsible for managing workshop staff and communications with the customer.
Areas of importance:
– Routine servicing
– Safety inspection
– Planned repairs
– Allowing time/rescheduling around ad-hoc repairs & breakdown
– Booking, preparation and presentation to MOT
– Ensuring planned work is completed within set timeframes
– Prioritising and scheduling work
– Ensuring company policies, health & safety controls are adhered to
– Quality checking mechanic’s work and reporting
– Diagnosing and scheduling repair work
– Co-ordinating routine maintenance work
– Servicing, repairs and safety inspections
– Other routine maintenance
– Service and MOT compliance
– Stock and budget control
– Re maintaining vehicle history and job cards
– Monthly Director reporting
– Leading the team towards the company’s strategic goals