My Client in Farnborough is currently looking for a Financial Controller to come in and oversee the accounts department. Ideally from a dealership background either commercial or car industry.
Duties will include:
Production of monthly management accounts.
• Full production of the balance sheet reconciliations.
• Management of finance team, currently 4.
• VAT submissions.
• Development of the finance teams.
• Compile year end files including scheduling and reconciliation of balance sheet control accounts for each depot (4 depots) and liaising with auditors during the course of the audit.
• Budgeting and cashflow.
• You will work with the dealership management team to improve the performance of the operation, ensuring the company’s assets are physically validated on a regular basis and ensuring satisfactory controls are maintained by monitoring and supporting the stock & accounting processes.
• You will also be responsible for ensuring all accounting and reporting deadlines are adhered to and will produce timely and accurate financial information in accordance with stated policies and procedures.
• Oversee all company accounts.
• Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts.
• Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports.
• Supervise and manage financial department staff, including accountants and financial assistants.
• Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback.
• Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing.
• Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported.
• Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation.
• Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations.
• Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports.
• Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities.
• Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies.
• Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations.
• Report to the CFO with timely and accurate financial information.
• Assist the CFO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.